Monday 15 July 2013

The Very First Sale

Hey guys,

Did you still remember myprevious post about my wife's virgin online business? Yes, the wife started her very own online business doing service arbitrage. It has been almost 2 weeks since she started her online business. So far, she has successfully closed three sales. I would like to share with you how she made her very first three sales.

After the wife placed advertisements on the free classified ads websites, she got an email from an interested client the very next day. I still vividly remember the look on her face when she opened her email box and saw an email reply to her advertisement. She was totally thrilled and couldn't stop smiling the whole morning.

The prospective client asked a lot of questions about the services she advertised, such as costs, estimated time for completion and etc. She patiently answered all the potential client's questions, hoping that she would score her first sale very soon. Unfortunately, there was some misunderstanding between the wife and the prospective client. The prospective client just stopped replying to my wife's message and disappeared off the face of the earth. The wife seemed a bit upset and discouraged by the fact that she just unintentionally pissed her very first client off.

She said to me: “ I think I really suck at customer service.”

I said to her: “ Ya, I think so too. But I think your prospective client suck worse. You cannot possibly please every client coming your way. What is important is that you learn from this experience. Be prepared that you will be dealing with all sorts of prospective clients. You will get better with time.”

The wife felt a bit relieved afterwards. She continued to focus on getting more people to see her advertisements. Her efforts paid off when she got a young lady emailing her about the services. The young lady got a very good deal from the wife as the wife was too afraid of losing the client again. Within a few hours of email corresponse, she decided to purchase the service.

Now comes the payment part. The young lady decided to make payment through Paypal. As the wife had no clue as to how to set up Paypal payment link, I offered to show her how to do it step by step. Now she is an expert at this.

“Payment received from xxx.” My wife shouted to me, grinning ear from ear.

The wife literally just made money from thin air with very low or no risk at all.



Well done, my lovely wife!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment